Friday, May 7, 2010

All is not well

Sabbath eve, Friday, May 07, 2010

Rains have gone away and the heat is rising. We still have deep moisture, unlike the past couple of springs, but I sense a drought returning once again. Our garden is producing like crazy. We harvested between 700 and 1000 pounds of onions from two rows, and better than 100 pounds of garlic. Leah is making pickles from the first small cucumbers; squash is piled in buckets around the house. Green beans are producing and my back aches from picking the damn things. Tomato plants are loaded with green fruit, and the first peppers have appeared. Potatoes are on the way.

We’ve begun cutting and baling hay. I’m watering corn fields where I can; the dry-land fields still look good but the first signs of heat stress have appeared. The wheat crop looks good and is about a month from harvest, but wheat prices are not so good.

Despite all of this, a dark cloud hangs over my head. All is not well.

I am sick of mainstream media trying to paint a positive picture on everything. The stock market collapses until the plunge protection team buys the hell out of everything to stop the slide and then we’re told it was all due to a mistaken entry on a sell order. A well spews oil into the gulf. No one knows how much oil is coming out, but I can virtually guarantee you it’s a hell of a lot more than they say. We are told not to worry, they are hard at work, cleaning it all up. 80% of people that lost their jobs a year ago still have not found work. In the next breath that new jobs have been added. Many of the jobs that have been created are poor paying substitutes for those that were lost.

Planted government disinformation agents work the blogs, telling us all is well. But all is not well.

We are headed toward a societal collapse, not just in the United States, but worldwide.

I’ve no time to argue the point. I’m too busy preparing me and mine as best I can to survive, and looking for others of a like mind.

You’d best be doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment