Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Notes on the election

I must confess: I no longer believe in Democracy.

I didn’t arrive at this conclusion in one fell swoop but instead under a prolonged barrage of compelling evidence.

I won’t bother you with a laundry list, but a few recent encounters may serve to defend the logic:

The current meme among the Limbaugh crowd is that Barak Obama, being a Muslim, won’t kill other Muslims. Evidence espoused says Obama issued orders to stand down so that Muslims could kill our ambassador to Libya in Benghazi.

Ignored is the fact that Obama has trebled the number of drone attacks since Bush’s day, nearly all of which are directed at Muslims, killing not only suspects, but also innocents. To add insult to injury, under Obama’s administration, our military has instituted the practice of double tap—that is shooting missiles at the original target site shortly after the first attack to kill any first responders that may be, (or conversely, may not be), sympathetic to the intended target. Considering the surroundings, the one sure bet is that these first responders are Muslims.

Night before last I watched a show on National Geographic TV called Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama bin Laden, which describes in detail the plan that led to the killing of Osama bin Laden. I suspect it’s an accurate portrayal; it’d be hard to tell such a tale in false light without a number of participants jumping up to deny the story. Obama and his administration are depicted as judicious Muslim terrorist killers, albeit, killers intent on not harming innocents in the process of killing the bad guys.

Yesterday I wandered into the Luling City Market, my favorite barbecue establishment. While at the bean counter (not to be confused with those that count money), I asked a woman behind the counter who she liked in the election. She said she would vote for Obama.

An older black man waiting alongside chimed in as well. Me too, he said. We don’t need those Bushes back in charge.

The woman then proceeded to explain that Romney was going to take our tax money away. Or something like that, she added.

I haven’t a clue what that means, but the evidence was strong enough to convince her.

Nevertheless, I am told I have no right to bitch unless I cast a ballot. So I plan to go to the nearby polling booth in Belmont, Texas, where I will cast a ballot on a real piece of paper (as opposed to a voting machine that may be fraudulent) where I will vote for Gary Johnson.

I hope like hell he loses so I can maintain my right to bitch about the outcome.



1 comment:

  1. So who do you think will win tonight ? I definitely don't want him to take my tax money . lol

    ReplyDelete