Sunday, February 27, 2011

We've been had

While in prison, I met a young man from England. He, like me, had been involved in a conspiracy to import marijuana into the United States. He told me he was a ship captain and had gone to South Korea to bring back a boat fitted for smuggling dope from Colombia to the United States. He went on to say that he had been interviewed by Playboy magazine concerning his involvement in the trade.

I explained to him that I had been a mid to low level drug smuggler, bringing Mexican marijuana across the border in hundred lots, that I had gotten busted, escaped from prison, fled to Mexico and grown marijuana, but also that while in Mexico I had witnessed and participated peripherally in a large scale Mexican/Colombian drug smuggling operation.

My friend got transferred elsewhere in the prison system and I didn’t think much more about him, until the March 1989 issue of Playboy magazine was released. After oogling the girls, I got around to reading the magazine. Imagine my astonishment when I discovered an incident from my own case in an article, which went on to describe how Michael Palmer, a pilot of a DC-6 I saw land in Mexico, first delivered arms to the Contra rebels in Central America for the CIA and got paid for it, then delivered dope to Mexico and got paid again (the drugs subsequently smuggled into the United States), and finally informed on the drug smugglers for which he worked and got paid once again, this time by the DEA. After all of that, Michael Palmer was considerate enough to testify to a Senate Subcommittee hearing chaired by John Kerry and escaped prosecution for any of this.

Come to find out, my jail house acquaintance from England worked for the same people I did. And we all worked for the CIA. We didn’t know this, but we did their bidding nonetheless.

Yesterday, I had another ah-ha! moment. While talking to one of my sons, I discovered that Lindsey Williams had revealed new information concerning that state of oil and world geopolitics. He told that I should get on the computer and listen to Lindsey’s segments on the Alex Jones show. I am familiar with Alex Jones and Lindsey Williams and tend to take what they say concerning oil with a teaspoon (if not a shovel full) of salt.

But when I listened to the program, a number of facts began to add up with what I am witnessing in the world, especially when viewed through the prism of peak oil, (which both Jones and Williams tend to dismiss). To the point of a kicked in the gut kind of realization—as in, we’ve been had.

What Jones and Williams fail to understand is that shale oil, like that of the Bakken, or the Eagle Ford, costs more to produce than that in places like Saudi Arabia where light oil is produced from sands or other permeable structures. So, while geologists knew shale oil existed, the (artificially) low price of oil never allowed a profit to be made by producing oil from shale. Also, there are inherent environmental and technological issues that come with shale oil production, in the form of massive amounts of water and energy requirements for fracking impermeable formations and the potential for groundwater contamination as these fracking fluids escape intended zones.

But, I think it’s highly plausible that Lindsey’s revelations are on the up and up, that certain elements have known of peak oil for years and have positioned themselves to benefit from the event. Certain fields were set aside here in the US while foreign oil was produced for ridiculously cheap prices. The owners of that foreign oil, (largely but not exclusively Arabs) were paid in federal reserve notes and US treasuries that will soon be worthless.

Conflict is likely to spread in the Middle East (and perhaps other oil producing nations) until most oil production is halted and the price of oil reaches $200 a barrel or thereabouts. This will mean gas prices of $6 to $10 a gallon in the US. People will quit paying their mortgages and most property will be repossessed or purchased for minimal amounts of money. Then the dollar fails entirely. The Middle East will be thrust back into the Stone Age as a result of this.

I do think this is the plan.

But, I think the plan will fail.

Call me crazy. I really don’t give a fuck. I am not here to win a popularity contest.

Do catch Lindsey Williams’ recent interviews with Alex Jones, and decide for yourself.

Part 1 of 5. February 22.

Part 1 of 4. February 23.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing -- and hoping -- that we'll never see $200 oil. Instead, $140 oil terminates the industrial economy, this year or next ... $147 oil in 2008 nearly did the trick, and the industrial economy is far more fragile this time around.

    ReplyDelete