Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pre-election blues

Sunday, September 02, 2012


I hear and read pundits of the two remaining presidential candidates, all but rolling on the floor, slashing themselves with sharp razors, wailing and gnashing teeth to nubs, essentially offering the same message: if the other guy wins, the country as you knew it will be no more.

I’m of the opinion they’re right, in either case.

James Howard Kunstler voices similar sentiments here.

I cannot in good conscience cast a vote for either of the two remaining candidates. So, I won’t.

Manuel showed up looking for work this week. I hired him.

We went to the room where he was shot and he recounted events as he remembers. He speaks through a broken mouth that won’t quite close. Occasionally saliva drips from a corner. His jaw remains swollen and the huge scar under his chin grins approval from ear to ear.

He seems befuddled.

Manuel does not protest innocence, but his words do. I don’t know what happened but I believe Manuel is telling the truth to the best of his recollection.

Which brings up two rather disturbing possibilities. One, that Jesus lied, and not only killed, (or tried to kill), Manuel but now is trying to finish the job with lies, or, either he or Manuel (or both) operated in a state of temporary insanity and is unable to remember the event as it actually took place, a la Angel Heart.

Manuel got charged in the shooting; the shooter did not.

I bailed him out.

In other news, I got stung by another scorpion, the fourth this year.

Satan reigns.

For a time.





No comments:

Post a Comment